CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pioneer Woman's Book Signing!!

Yesterday afternoon we left the house just after 4 to head in to Beaverton to the Powell's Bookstore where Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman, would be signing books. From reading about her previous book signings, I knew we might be there awhile. She was scheduled to be there at 6.
They handed out tickets to people as they arrived and that helped insure that we were able to see her in the order that we had arrived at the store. They called people forward in groups of 10, based on the number found on our ticket. We got there right about 4:30, so we settled in to wait.
Now I have to tell you that Samantha, Sabrina and I were planning on going but when Levi heard about it, he begged to come along. At first I thought that was kind of funny, maybe he thought there was going to be samples! But then after I thought about it for a minute, it made perfect sense. As you know, he loves to bake. When he doesn't feel like creating something from scratch himself, the one place he goes to look for a recipe is her website, Tasty Kitchen! He will read her other blog when she has a recipe posted that catches his eye as well.
When it was finally our turn, we went up, talked for a minute or two, snapped a picture and it was all over!!! She made some comment about the four of us and I told her that we have 10 kids but only the oldest 3 got to come. Of course then I whipped out our family picture and she wanted to know the age range. Then she grabbed her camera and asked if she could take our picture! Of course!!! I think she was smitten with Levi!
Just us and 400+ of our closest friends!!

It was such a treat to be able to go see her in person. Thank you to Scott for coming home from work early and holding down the fort for almost 5 hours!

Here we are looking at our family photo. She made the mistake of making a comment about my children......ha ha. Of course I had brought a picture of the whole kaboodle of us for her to see!

Great picture! She is as sweet in person as she is on her website!

Signing our "Pioneer Woman Cooks" recipe book!

4 comments:

Broken Reality said...

I am very jealous! I planned on going because I love her blog and her book, but it didn't work.
How fun that Levi went! He'll be soo glad he knows how to cook at some point.

Kelly said...

Love it! And so very jealous too!

jlcumber said...

I love the pictures and am so glad I got to hang out with all of you while we waited. :)

jlcumber said...

you are now famous!!! :)

http://thepioneerwoman.com/confessions/