Day 3 in Mexico started out lovely. The temperature outside was only about 75 and there was a beautiful blue sky, so we decided to lay in the sun for a bit. After breakfast we booked an ATV tour through the jungle for later in the day. We then headed to the beach for a bit until it was time for lunch.
We laid on our backs for about 20 minutes and then flipped over on our tummies for about 15 minutes. We were so bored after that, we thought a walk on the beach sounded like fun.

We would regret those few minutes in the sun later.......who knew?

Sabrina loving the beach!

Sam loving the beach!

Tari loving the fact she could actually jump in the air like her girls! Oh, and of course so happy to be on a warm, sunny beach!!

Yay for Spring Break vacations!!!

I just love Bonnie's face in this picture!

Look at us in our cute bucket hats. That's what happens when the tour bus doesn't have time to pick you up so they put you in a taxi and you get there later than everyone else.

Loving the look on both of their faces!! Go Sam!

Wa-Hooooo!

From the look on their faces, you would think they were jumping the Grand Canyon!! Ha ha!


With the rest of the group......and what a group it was!!!

All smiles until the dirt and bugs started hitting our teeth!

So much fun!!!

Sabrina was a great co-pilot!

Wanna drive???

The wild ones!!

Ok, after wrestling with this photo for 1/2 hour, I am just going to leave it this way. Every time I uploaded it, it would flip itself sideways like this.......grrrrr. Anyway, this is us after a day in the sun. Both of my legs were fried beyond anything I ever thought possible. Sam and I were actually freezing, teeth chattering, the whole thing. A little too much sun. We could hardly stand getting up and going to dinner that night.
We had soooo much fun on Tuesday!! Playing at the beach and then riding the atv's was so much fun. The sun took it's toll on us and we were a mess that night....and the rest of the week but it was still quite a day!
After dinner, we went to the theater at the resort and the Entertainment Crew put on the play Grease. It was pretty cheesy. They lip synced all the songs and it was pretty hilarious.
Fell into bed that night with cold towels on my legs.........
3 comments:
Oh, sunburns are the worst! My worst one ever was at my mom's company picnic. We spent the whole day on the reservoir in a boat, in shorts. I shivered and burned all night, with ice packs on my legs, covered in blankets.
Glad you had fun, though!
Oh my goodness! Mary called me on Sunday and told me all about church (he he) and then all about your horrible sunburn! She said it was totally purple! I can't believe it. I hope you're feeling better. (And I hope it's now a lovely shade of tan.)
Ha ha, that's sooo funny! Yes, my legs were purple! It was the worst. They are just now starting to peel. They are still very dark but not so purple....whew!
Post a Comment