I like to think I have a pretty high pain tolerance. I gave birth to four babies without pain meds. I have 10 kids. I mean, really how bad could the pain be??? Oh, it was bad. So bad that when we got to the airport and I saw the lines we were going to have to stand in, I started to cry. The next thing I know, Bonnie is pushing me in a wheel chair and we are getting bumped up to the front of every line!!! My pride went out the window. There was no way I could have stood in line and walked as far as we had to walk.
When we flew in to Chicago, there was a wheelchair waiting for me as we got off the plane. We also had the cutest young man (where was he from, girls? Russia? Poland??) pushing me around AND carrying one of our heavy bags over his shoulder! He was with us for about 45 minutes. He got us through customs, from the International terminal to the terminal we needed to catch our connecting flight (which just happened to be the furthest one from where we started), he kept us laughing with his great sense of humor and when I offered him the tiny bit of money I had left for a tip, he took it graciously and went on his way. He was an angel.
We arrived home just after midnight and were greeted by the sweetest Welcome Home sign made by Scott and all the kiddos!
Well, there you have it! We had a great time. We owe Scott and Doyle (Bonnie's husband) a HUGE thank you for staying home with all the kids for the week! We know they had a great time without us and totally appreciate their willingness to do it.

3 comments:
So funny! Sounds like wheelchairs are the way to go!
What an amazing week! So did you bathe in aloe vera gel when you got home? I've only had one sunburn that painful and that was in 7th grade. Hope you are all healing! Glad you are home safely.
I just figured out who "Bonnie" is!Duh! I've been reading all about your adventure and finally it all clicks and I realize its the "Bush Street gang!" Ah, 5 years of my life spent there!
I'm amazed at your burn level with the short period of exposure. Ug! Awful!
Post a Comment