CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 12, 2010

Birthdays!!!

It's going to seem like all you read about on here for awhile are birthdays! We will have a steady stream of them for the next few months! We love birthdays!!

Last Friday was my birthday. It started with the Ball family calling at 7:15am and singing Happy Birthday to me! It was awesome! What a great way to start my day! After getting all the school age kiddos out the door, the other 4 and I ran some errands. You know it's a good day when they play all your favorite songs on the radio! Someone must have told them! Ha ha.

Later that afternoon, my friend Bonnie showed up with balloons and flowers! She and I went to one of my favorite restaurants for dinner and then did a little shopping! My wonderful oldest two daughters held down the fort back home. One of the best 'gifts' they could have given me!

The next morning, Bonnie and I went to an adoption conference in Portland. It was AMAZING!!!!! I was so glad Bonnie had told me about it. We heard some wonderful speakers and learned tons of great information! Well worth the time! And again a huge thank you to Sam and Sabrina for babysitting their siblings so that I could attend the conference!

They are the best babysitters in the world. They moved the car seats from my mini van that I drive on a daily basis and put them in the big ol' 15 passenger van so that they could take everyone to the library! Sam can drive that beast like she's driving her little Jetta. It's no problem for her! She's amazing! After spending a few minutes there however, they quickly learned why the I don't frequent the library very often with the younger crowd! Ha ha, live and learn.

Then they went and got everyone lunch......someone wanted Subway, others wanted Taco Bell and of course someone wanted Wendy's. They're so nice, they went through the drive-thru at all 3 places and then came home and put the two youngest down for naps!

And of course, all of this was after they had fed everyone breakfast, bathed 4 little cuties and cleaned up the house! I'm telling you what, they ROCK!!!!

So there you have it: my birthday weekend in a nutshell!!!

I'm so blessed. I have the sweetest husband and the best kids. I had several birthday letters/notes/drawings waiting for me on Friday night. I treasure those.

Scott has been in China for the past 8 days. We are all looking forward to him getting home tomorrow! He should have some good pictures we can post in between the birthdays! Sabrina's is coming next.........*Sweet 16* on Thursday!!!!!!


The only picture we have from the whole birthday weekend! A few of the kids with the balloons Bonnie brought!!!!

1 comment:

our big bus said...

Ok Sam, I don't even drive My 15 passenger van through any drive-thru let alone 3 in one shot. Amazing....
Thank you for Sharing you special day with me. I had a blast.