CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"You're Gonna Miss This"

The words to that country song that Trace Adkins sings, constantly go through my head on any given day. There are some days that I'm thinking, "No, not today I'm not!" The entire month of February was a blur. We got a new dog and that created enough of a disruption to my schedule that I'm pretty sure it's never going to be the same. That's not all bad, I'll take the good with the bad....well, some of it.

The same week we got the dog, Sabrina started a new program for school called: "Stay home and do my work online"!!! No, but seriously, she started attending Oregon Connections Academy (ORCA), which is public school online! She is not considered home schooled because ORCA is fully accredited by the state. She has a counselor, guide room teacher and a handful of other teachers that guide her through her day. Her schedule, with all her assignments are on her homepage. I have access to her grades in the grade book. She can work at her own pace (which means she is always ahead of her schedule) and I get to know what she's working on!

She has great friends at school but her very two best friends no longer attend the same school, so she doesn't get to see them anyway. She still attends seminary (a religion class sponsored by our church, that meets in a little building right next to the high school) and of course gets to see her friends at Young Women's on Wednesday nights.

It's so fun to have her home with us all day. She has seriously considered starting her own blog about her crazy life. There are days that we both just shake our heads and wait to see what the 3 little whirlwinds (Talisha, Savannah and Isaiah) will do next! They never used to do crazy stuff......but now, it's like they are trying to out-do each other!!!

"Watch this guys! See if Mom pops out any more gray hairs after I flood her bathtub!!"

"No, no that's no good. Watch me dump out every toy bin we own before she sees me!! That should do it!!"

"No, I have a great idea! Let's all go out and run through the grass and come in the house with dog poop on our feet! That should get a pretty good reaction out of her!!!"

"Yeah, let's do that idea! That one is the best idea so far!!!!"

I know they must talk amongst themselves like that. They must. It's the only thing I can figure.

I made an amazing month long schedule of things that I would like to accomplish each day. It's intense, it's organized, it's so "type-A", it's possibly even a little OCD, it's ...........taped to the pantry door, laughing at me! Every so often I actually get to do something on the list and I cross it off, like 5 times, just so I can have the satisfaction of actually crossing something off my list. I'm a list-maker. My new list will go something like this: wake up, get out of bed, shower, put on make up, do hair, brush teeth, put on one sock, put on the other.....you get the idea.

10 kids="Nuff said!

3 comments:

Jan said...

Yep, you're going to miss this.

Wendy said...

I feel that way and I just have two!! :)

Sandi said...

Ha Ha Ha! You always make me laugh! I love your list. I put simple things on mine too, like showering, just so I can feel like I've accomplished something!