CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 20, 2009

Day 2

Yesterday was a busy day. I was running errands in the morning. We had early release for the grade school, so 4 kiddos were home at 11:30. Right after lunch I took Levi to an eye exam that lasted 2 1/2 hours! He picked out the best looking frames. He is one of those lucky people that looks sooooo good in glasses. The frames are by Nike (Who knew???) and they will be in next week. You can be sure I will post pics of that adorable kid!

Anyway, when I got back from the eye exam, Scott and I left with Thomas and Jasmine to look at cars. We were gone 3 hours and came home with nothing! Grrrrr. That means I have to spend my date night tonight looking at cars and dealing with car salesmen. That is sooo not my favorite thing to do!

Needless to say, my day was a little out of whack from what I was hoping to do. I got my sauna and TurboSonic in but did not get to the TreadClimber. I did my push ups and drank all my water and scarfed down a broccoli-slaw salad at lunch. I was thrilled to lose another pound in spite of my crazy day.

Today we have no school, so it will be another crazy day!

Kelly, to answer your question: The shake I drink every morning fills me up pretty well. There are days that I need a snack and I grab a handful of raw almonds or pumpkin seeds. I also love the Wheat Thins from Trader Joes. I only eat this brand because they are the only ones I have found that don't contain High Fructose Corn Syrup! So I may grab a handful of those to get me by.

Growing up with older brothers, I developed a type of eating pattern that was not great. They ate a lot. So I ate a lot. I ate more than what was necessary for someone my size. I was blessed with pretty good genes however and it never really affected me. I was very active and because we didn't have a t.v. or video games in our home, I was constantly on the go!

I married someone who only had a sister. There was no pressure when it came to food. I don't think he ever worried that she would eat it all if he didn't hurry and get his fair share! I can out eat Scott at breakfast any day!!! I love breakfast! No matter what it is: hot cereal, pancakes, waffles, eggs, toast, etc., I can put it away!! So for me to say a 12 ounce veggie shake satisfies me, is saying a lot!!! The other thing is, I have had to really change my mind-set. A 12 ounce veggie shake is a great way to start my day and I am totally full. I could still put away a bowl of cereal and a bagel if I wanted to but I know I don't need it!

Happy Friday to you!! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Awesome job, keep going!