CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Very Special Day

Samantha and Jasmine

Talisha, Samantha, Jasmine, Thomas, Sabrina and Isaiah

All the children, dressed in white at the Temple


Our family at the Temple



On Saturday we went to the Temple to have Jasmine sealed to our family. As members of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints, we believe that families can be together forever! When a child joins our family through adoption, they become legally our child after a Judge signs the Finalization papers. Once that has taken place, our family goes to the Temple and in a very simple, beautiful ceremony, that child becomes our child not only during this life but in the life hereafter, just as if they had been born to us.
I can't imagine not being with my family forever. I know we have a loving Heavenly Father, who created us and this beautiful world. I know he has a plan for all of us and part of that plan was to come to earth, live together with our families and then return to live with him when our time on this earth is done.

How thankful I am to have my family sealed together forever. How thankful I am for the children that have joined our family through adoption, that can also be part of our forever family. We are truly blessed.

3 comments:

sharry said...

congratualtions...you all look so beautiful, not to mention happy! what a wonderful blessing this gospel is...and for you all to persoanlly be able to take part in that ordinance more than a few times is a particular blessing. :)

Kelly said...

I love it, wished we'd been there! She is so lucky to be a part of your family! Love you guys!

Sandi said...

What a beautiful sight!