This morning I overheard Talisha and Savannah having a heated discussion. One of them was not playing what the other one wanted to play. Finally, exasperated with her sister, Savannah said, "Talisha, when baby Jasmine wakes up, I'm going in our room and scrumbling up your bed!!"
A couple of thoughts: 1. I was glad to know that Savannah knew she had to wait for their baby sister, who was still sleeping in their room, to wake up before she could go in there. 2. I was happy to hear that the worst thing she could think of doing to her sister was to "scrumble up her bed". Now granted, that's still not a kind thing to do but it sure beats a million alternatives!! 3. I love that she used the word scrumble! That's such an awesome word! I use it all the time!
I tend to use nonsense words a lot. Sometimes they just help to make a stressful situation a little less tense.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Like mother like daughter...
Ah, those small happy moments
Post a Comment