Our Sunday morning started at 3:00 AM, as we got up to get ready. We left to pick up Bonnie and head to the airport about 3:30. We had no problems until airport security. I got stopped because they thought they saw more liquids in my bag. But after careful searching, none was discovered (really?). Check out that lady! I think Bonnie caught her by surprise!! Hee hee.

Sam, however was not so lucky. They spotted her very expensive (4 oz.) lotion in her bag, not with her other liquids. He was very kind however and let it slide on through. Whew. She would need that later in the trip!

Here we are, on the plane. I finally switched seats with the guy who was sitting by Bonnie. That was very nice of him. Here I am discussing with the lady next to me why she didn't want to change seats with Bonnie. There was no way she wanted to move up to the exit row!

Whew, survived the plane ride and on the shuttle bus to our resort!!! Yay!

Our beautiful resort!

Our rooms were very modern and comfortable.

We headed out to check out the resort after we dropped off our bags.

Best friends!

We loved the row of hammocks! They seemed to be calling our names! Although some of us had a little more trouble than others actually getting in the hammock! Ha ha.

Relaxing in the sun!

Everyone wanted to give us a drink every time we turned around. We settled for virgin strawberry daiquiris!

Sunday was a nice quiet, relaxing day. We just walked around and checked out a few things and then headed in to the buffet for dinner. We decided to book a tour to the famous Chichen Itza Temples (recently named one of the 7th Wonders in the World!) for Monday morning. We were pretty tired and actually went to bed around 9 that night!
Stay tuned for an action packed Monday!!
1 comment:
I will just send everyone over to your page....
Someday I will wake up from my nap.
Post a Comment