I have been wanting to make granola for awhile now and today turned out to be the day. I went on line to find an easy recipe and got to work....ok, it only took about 2 seconds to throw it together and toss it in the oven.
If anyone out there cares or loves granola, here is what I did:
4 Cups of rolled oats
1 Cup unsweetened coconut
1 Cup Slivered almonds
1/2 Cup olive oil
1/3 Cup Agave
I combined the dry ingredients and then in a separate bowl, mixed the oil and agave. I poured that mixture over the dry ingredients, stirred it well and tossed it on a baking sheet (the kind with edges!).
I put it in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes. After 15 minutes, I took it out and stirred through it and then put it back in for another 15 minutes. When the time was up, I took it out and spooned it on to a paper towel to cool. When it was done, I tossed it in a gallon zip lock bag.
Super easy and so yummy!! Now the funny part. When it came out of the oven, Isaiah and Jasmine stood there the entire time, like seagulls crying, "More, more!"
Finally Talisha came over to see what all the fuss was about. She tried it and then called to Savannah to come try it. "Hey Savannah, come over here and try this chunka lunka!!"
What on earth??? She had no idea what it was called but picked some words she thought best described it!
Give it a try. Let me know what you think! It would be delicious with sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, walnuts or anything else you love!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thanks....I can't wait to try some chunka lunka.
Please share more recipes.
Bonnie
Post a Comment