We had a great time Saturday, celebrating our two birthdays and I will post pictures later. But I had to post this now before I forgot.
Savannah is still in diapers. When she turned 3 I figured we would start potty training. It's nothing I push and I always figure by then they are ready mentally as well as physically. On Sunday she told her nursery teacher that she needed to go "totty". And sure enough, they went to the bathroom and went "totty. Later at home, she had Talisha go upstairs and get her some Care Bear underwear while she went "totty". Her diaper was taken off and disposed of behind the bathroom door. Later when she was suddenly wet because she had forgotten about her underwear, (and none of the rest of us had any idea she was wearing it) she frantically announced, "Somebody change me!"
I have a feeling she will soon be wearing underwear full time with little help from me. She's a "Can-Do" type of girl and once she has in her mind what she wants, she really goes after it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm so glad your training is so much easier than ours! He is getting pretty good at peeing, but won't even consider the other one! Someday....
Awesome...not the wet part, but the initiative part. I'm with you on the allowing them to be ready. Every kid is different.
Post a Comment