CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hard Lessons In Life

Vanessa's "sorry" note (click on it to make it bigger)

Thomas' "sorry" note







Every so often in life, your children learn a lesson that you wish they didn't have to learn. Thomas and Vanessa had one of those experiences yesterday. They were playing in the play room with their friends. One of the friends had to use the phone and when they were done, handed the phone to Vanessa. They were all in a giggly mood and to be "silly", she dialed 911. Thomas grabbed the phone from her and in doing so, hit the "talk" button.


I didn't know any of this until about 2 minutes before the police car pulled into our driveway. The whole story started spilling out and I explained to them that their choices would result in a police officer coming to our house. This brought immediate tears to Thomas' eyes. He has a great respect for policemen and he knew how serious it was to have an officer come to your house without an emergency.


Sure enough, moments later the officer showed up. A tearful Thomas and Vanessa answered the door and apologized to him. Then they both went straight upstairs and started writing these cute "sorry" notes without any prompting from me.


I know they felt so bad. I was sad they didn't learn this lesson from their older brothers when they did the same thing a year or so ago. But I don't see them doing it again, so at least there was a lesson learned.


2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh! Boy, I guess I've been lucky to not have that happen, yet, I should say...

Sandi said...

Ha Ha! My sister did this to my mom when we were little. My mom was just outside, and my sister didn't know where she was (for, like, two minutes) and called 911.