And then the funniest thing happened. Isaiah grabbed the ball, slipped out the back door and I spied him heading to the basketball court.......
........with Tanner's new ball!!!!
Wednesday was Tanner's birthday! 10 years ago when he was born, the Portland Trailblazers were playing in the playoffs. We tell him his birth story every so often and he gets quite a kick out of it.
The night he was born they had a playoff game at 6 pm. I was induced earlier in the day and fully expected to give birth that afternoon and be all ready to watch the big game that evening. But of course babies always have their own schedules. He joined the world at 5:20. It was just before 6 when the nurses finally had everything cleaned up and were asking what else I needed.
"To be honest," I said, "I would really like to watch the Blazer game!" That brought quite a few laughs and they all left the room. It's no wonder he loves basketball so much!!!
Tanner is one of the most easy-going kids I know. He is helpful and always willing to play with a younger sibling. He loves sports and spouts facts about certain players that I have never even heard of. He is a die hard Oregon Ducks fan.
One of the best things about Tanner is that he "gets it". He understands the big picture. He is what I call an "old soul". The other day, out of the blue, he asked me about our retirement plan. He wanted to know if we had one and if it was "enough". I'm pretty sure I had no idea what that was until I was 33!!
We love you Tanner! We are blessed to have you in our family!

1 comment:
Great Post. Tanner. we love you, you are a great kid. Keep your eye on that ball, lots of little brothers/sisters will snag it and run.
Post a Comment