CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Say That Again?

Last night Thomas was telling me before he went to bed that he wanted hot lunch today instead of cold lunch. I reminded him that he had already had hot lunch two days in a row and that he needed to have cold lunch today (we usually only let them pick one day a week for hot lunch).

"But Mom, I really like boogers!"

"What???? Thomas, what on earth are you talking about???"

"That's what they are having for lunch tomorrow and I really wanted one!"

"Oooohhh, you mean burgers".

Don't you just love it when they mess up words like that? Makes me giggle every time!!

3 comments:

Rayner Gals said...

Too funny!

When we were little, we used to go to Taco Bell a couple times a month. My mom ordered a tostada one time and let Emily try it. After that, Emily always said, "I would like a Taco-dia."

Tari said...

Ok, that's funny!! I love when little kids get things mixed up. Sam used to say, paul nailish, instead of nail polish!!

Jan said...

The best one at our house was Amy. She always wanted a "bum wacker".

I would go through the same thing every time.
Do you want this? Do you want this?
Do you want this?
No - bum wacker, No - Bum Wacker, No - BUM WACKER!!!
Do you want this?- gram cracker?
Yes - bum wacker. (brown cracker)

I must have had part-timers even then because I always forgot what that meant the next time. I thought the kid might be asking for a spanking.