I had found a great recipe while blog stalking, for a wonderful breakfast roll. Just like Christ's tomb on Easter Sunday, these rolls will be empty! Consequently, this is a fun and sweet way to explain to children why we celebrate Easter, and teach about Christs' resurrection. To make them, you can use either a homemade roll recipe or frozen bread dough. We opted for the easier option and bought Rhodes frozen rolls. After letting them thaw overnight, we rolled each one into a flat circle, put a large marshmallow inside, folded it in half, pinched the edges shut (very important!!), rolled it in butter and cinnamon and sugar and baked it!!!! The amazing thing is that the marshmallow melts inside and creates a "cave" inside the roll so that when you open it up, it's empty just like the tomb!
The kids really thought these were very cool and soooooo yummy!!

2 comments:
Looks like you need to change the date on your camera.
Cute idea I will have to try them out on my kids. Yummy
Ok, so the date is right, just not in the right format.....the question is: how do I change that?
Post a Comment