CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 17, 2012

I Love This Man!

Two nights ago, Scott ran to the store 'for a few things'.  I had no idea what he needed, but didn't think much about it.  Awhile later he returned and in his hand were a few dozen carnations (one of my favorite flowers).  I thought that was sweet of him.  He had been gone all week and knew how sick I had been, not too mention that it had been an emotional day for me.  I must have had a questioning look on my face because he nodded towards the calendar and said, "They are for our anniversary tomorrow". 

I spun around and looked at the calendar to see the date......he was right, it was our anniversary and I had not even remembered.  I dropped my head into my hands and burst into tears.  I couldn't believe that I hadn't remembered something as important as our 22nd anniversary!!!  Me?  I never forget that!!! I was so mad at myself! I just bawled and bawled.

Of course the kitchen was only full of boys at the moment and it got awkwardly quiet as they listened to me bawl my head off.  Finally I looked up into their questioning eyes.  Levi was the first to ask, "Ya mad bro?"  Yes, I'm so mad that I forgot our anniversary!!!!!  He kind of backed away, giving his dad a bewildered look.  Scott stepped in and just held me as I cried some more.

I'm so done crying.  I have never cried so much in my life as I have these past few weeks.  And then just when I think I'm done, something triggers a tear and out they come again!

But good news!!!  Scott and I celebrated 22 years of marriage and I continue to thank my Father in Heaven for a man who loves, supports and adores me.  I trully am so blessed.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

What a sweet husband! Levi is too funny.

Crying is so exhausting. And so is being sick. I hope you get a break from both soon.