Writing about Zachary is so healing. Being able to get things out of my brain and onto 'paper' helps me so much. After I posted that last entry, floods of thoughts and memories started to pour out. I was headed to bed but just had to post this:
A week or so ago, Savannah was saying her prayers before bed. At one point her prayer went something like this:
"And please help baby Zachary to have fun in Heaven....." My thoughts as she said that were, yes Savannah, I hope he does "have fun in Heaven", but I miss having him here on Earth more than anything.......
Before we took Zach off life support, our Bishop was at the hospital with us and offered a prayer. When he finished, he said he had the distinct impression that there were many family members and close friends, who were waiting to receive Zachary. I thought of family members in each of our family's who have passed on and considered the possibility of family members from our birth families and I'm sure there were several there to meet him and welcome him home.
One person in particular, who I'm sure was there, was Lucky. Lucky is a dear family friend for many years. He passed away a few years ago. Both Scott's family as well as mine grew up with his family. Later as a teenager, I babysat for his two beautiful daughters. Years later, his family sat behind us in church every single Sunday. His sister is a very dear friend and when she called shortly after Zachary's passing, I told her that I knew Lucky was first in line to welcome Heaven's newest Angel home. Lucky has the heart of a teddy bear. All of our children adored him.
His wife and daughters continue his legacy by collecting toys for children at Christmas time. We were honored and privileged to help deliver those gifts (I think it was the first year) while caroling with their family. The gifts they provide those children are so much more than just some toys at Christmas, they come from the heart and they spend the entire year collecting donations and organizing everything.
Thank you Brenda, Moe and Rochelle for reaching out to help those who can't help themselves. We will never forget your kindness and love when you brought that bag, jam packed with food, goodies and stuff for Sabrina to do while she was at the hospital in Oregon with Zachary.
P.S. Donal, his sister, mentioned that Lucky had been buried with a HotWheel in his pocket.....which we both knew, he would have immediately shared with Zachary. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Tari, you are so incredibly strong! Zachery was so fortunate to have been loved by such an amazing mother. It breaks my heart to think of the pain your family is going through. You and your family are in my prayers.
Post a Comment