Sometimes with everything that goes on in our busy, busy home, I really have to take it one day at a time. There are times when I just take it one minute at a time!
Samantha is finishing up her last week of cheerleading. And as I type this, she is finishing her last weekend of being a Mat Hostess (A group of girls that keep stats and help out with the wrestling matches. I did this when I was in high school and loved it!) This weekend is the state competition in Portland at the Memorial Coliseum. She left the house just after 6 this morning and won't be home until 10 tonight. She will repeat that the following two days. It's exhausting but so fun. She also has choir performances and other church responsibilities.
Levi, Tanner and Thomas have 3 weeks left of basketball practice and games. Thomas is actually done, considering the condition of his right hand. He's so sad to have to miss his last 3 games. Between the three of them, we have practices Monday-Friday, with tournaments usually on Saturdays. I'm sooooooo looking forward to getting our evenings and weekends back!
The three boys also have scouts on Wednesdays and Samantha and Sabrina have Young Women's on Wednesday evenings at the church.
And then of course there are the other 5 little cuties that are not involved in extra curricular activities right now but still need lots of love and attention!! It makes for one busy mama!
It's my life and I wouldn't trade it for 2 seconds......ok, maybe for just 2 seconds, but no more. I love the hustle and bustle. Staying on top of everyone's homework and projects that are due takes quite a bit of organization. Most of the time I feel like I'm on top of all of it. And then there are days when an avalanche hits and I try very hard to stay in front of it before it catches up to me!
It helps having an amazing husband. He jumps right in with whatever I or the kids need help with. He's no slouch. I knew when I married him almost 20 years ago that he was exactly the type of man I should marry. He is everything I think a husband should be. I always tell our girls to find a man like their dad when they get married. They won't ever have regrets!
So today, no exciting news or pictures to post. Just thankful for my life and the amazing family our Heavenly Father has blessed me with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Always nice to stop and reflect on the most wonderful parts of life. Our family, but most of all our husbands.
Love this post.
Post a Comment