Ok, I know you have been wondering and waiting to see what on earth we could possibly be doing over here that is so much fun and wearing us all out at the same time (just for the record, some of us are more sore than others. Some of us actually had muscles where others of us, cough, only had flab).
When we were at IKEA a couple of weeks ago, we came across yet another exciting find: rings!!!! I know, I know, that may not sound very exciting to you, but to us it opened up a world of possibilities!!! You see, we have very active children and we are always looking for ways to use up some energy!
We bought two sets of rings with the intent of putting them in the upstairs bonus room. And that's exactly where they are. Screwed into the studs in the ceiling, they are incredibly strong and safe.
Every one of us, with the exception of Jasmine, have been on the rings. Flipping, swinging, hanging, pulling, etc. And we all have the callouses to prove it!!! Never in a million years did I ever think I would be doing front flips and back flips again. I was a little (lot) nervous about spinning around because gone are the days of doing anything like that without feeling like I'm going to lose my breakfast. But one day, when no one else was around, I gave it a shot! It was tons of fun! And as long as I don't do flip after flip after flip, I'm ok.
I must say, my kiddos were knocked off their rockers! I heard comments like, "I didn't know you could do that, Mom!", or "That's just weird to see you doing that Mom!" way too many times. They expect it from their dad, he'll try anything! In fact it was so cute yesterday. Just Savannah and I were upstairs. She was watching me on the rings. Her eyes got big when I did a back flip and she said, "Good job Mama!!" Then I tried to do a front flip on the shorter rings (much harder since you actually have to use some stomach muscles). I got about half way and came back down. Savannah piped up, "Come on Mama, you can do it!" So cute!
So there you have it! I'm pretty sure we are the only family we know with 2 sets of rings in our bonus room! I highly recommend them to everyone! They are great for kids.......and adults! ;)
Oh, and Sabrina, no more messing around today when the camera comes out! I am getting a picture of you! Or at the very least, I'm getting a picture of those callouses on your hands!! You too, Savannah!
Talisha!
Yeah, he's one of the ones with muscles I was talking about...
I'm so weird, I know!
Sam!
Izzy!
Tanner!
Nice shot....sorry.
I'm not sure where his shirt is.....I think he took it off so it wouldn't restrict his movements...um, yeah.

2 comments:
Fun times...and a lot cheaper then heating the pool I'm sure.
How fun is that?? A pool and rings? I want to come live with you Tari!
Post a Comment