CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 12, 2009

Glencoe Crimson Tide! Go Tide!

Wa-HOOOOOOO!!! I just found out great news!!!!! Samantha tried out for the cheer squad last week and she found out today that she made it!!!!!

She sent her dad a text because he's in Colorado and won't be home tonight to hear the good news. She hasn't actually told me yet because I'm sure she's hoping to surprise me when she gets home..........Ha ha, but I already know!!!

Last year they had some trouble with the cheerleaders (bad grades, inappropriate behavior, etc.), so this year it was a smaller squad. Then this year they have had some injuries, etc. so they decided to hold tryouts again before the basketball season starts, to see if they could get a bigger squad. Since she is a Senior, she could only make the Varsity squad. We told her to go for it! She has a great smile, awesome personality and knows all the cheers (that's what happens when you go to every sporting event to support your school!). Might as well go out with a Bang your senior year!!!!

She tried out her Freshman year, but didn't make it. And to be honest, she was a little more quiet back in those days. We're proud of her to want to try it again. That's what kind of girl she is: if at first you don't succeed, try try again!

Way to go Samantha!!!!!

G...pause, G L E....pause, G L E N C, G L E N C O E........Glencoe!!!!!!! T I D E, Glencoe Crimson Tide!!!!!

3 comments:

our big bus said...

Way to go Samantha....I'm so excited for you. You will make a great cheer leader.

Kandi said...

Congratulations to your daughter Tari! She does have a fantastic smile. She looks so much like you!

And, now I have that cheer suck in my head. :)

Sandi said...

Good for her, that takes guts!