Thomas and Austin are great friends. His family lives across the street and with the amount of time that Thomas spends over there, I'm sure they have wondered at times if he was joining their family permanently!
We couldn't have asked for better neighbors on our street. They are the best and we will truly miss them all. I know Thomas is going to miss his buddy. Oh sure, they will still ride the same bus, be in the same class at school, eat lunch together but it won't be the same as being right across the street.
I will miss this street and the safety my kids have enjoyed as they have run crazy up and down it. The neighbors will all enjoy a new quiet that usually only comes when we are gone on vacation. The family that bought our home has 5 children but they are older, I think their youngest is 8 and I have a feeling that even if they tried their hardest, they could never measure up to the noise that our family created.
I'm pretty sure they will never have 24 kids in the backyard on summer nights, playing kickball, swimming, shooting hoops, playing tag and having a campfire. It will be a very different neighborhood when we're gone.
Thank heavens we're only 2 streets over.

2 comments:
I've been wondering about your move. I look over at the back of that house each day as I'm driving home from work. How exciting to be signing papers!
And isn't it great to have wonderful neighbors? When we first moved into our cul-de-sac we had the best neighbors and we all moved in within months of each other. We were all about the same age with kids the same age, but over the last couple years, some have moved away and it just isn't the same. We still have good neighbors, but now no more cul-de-sac bbq's in the summer with egg tosses, and firework displays on the 4th of July, even going camping together. I really miss that! I can't wait to see pictures after you move.
Tari,
You're making me cry.
We are really going to miss your whole family being so close to us. You have been such a big part, and good part, of our lives for a long time now. I know we will continue our family friendships and you know I'm so glad that you are as close as you are. Your family means very much to us.
Love, Darnell (and Rachel's Mom)
P.S. The "Christine's Mom" thing and picture of Christine (playing the guitar) is from the Google account I set up to communicate with her when she was in Korea. I suppose I could change it now.
Post a Comment