Saturday was Thomas' 8th birthday! He was sooo cute all day, waiting for us to "set up" his birthday. I think that meant bringing his presents downstairs from my closet (where they were hiding) and getting his candles in his pie. Oh, and speaking of pie, his request for his birthday treat was apple pie! We also got a chocolate mint cream pie since one pie would not be nearly enough.
He was so excited to choose the meals for the day. For breakfast we had pancake puffs filled with whipped cream. For lunch he wanted a lunchable (seriously? Yep!) and for dinner it was his all time favorite: Hawaiian Haystacks!!!!!
He spent the day playing and having a great time with friends and family.
Amazing to think 8 years ago, we were sitting in the NICU, not knowing if he would make it through the night. He was a big preemie (5 lbs.) but nonetheless, a preemie with lots of special concerns. We were thrown into a world of tubes and monitors, technical terms, hand washing, nurses, doctors with our sweet baby that would stay there for the next 6 weeks. He was sedated and I never saw him with his eyes open the first 5 weeks of his life. I spent all day in a rocking chair, holding him with a mess of wires that were attached to monitors. The doctors really didn't know what was wrong, we had no answers but we fell in love with this sweet baby we named, Thomas Scott.
We love you baby. Happy Birthday!!!

4 comments:
Awww, he looks so happy. Sounds like he had a great day. I like his meal choices, especially the pancake puffs. I've never had one, but I like the sound of "filled with whipped cream". :o)
Wow! Eight years old already! When is he being baptized?
Kelly, August 1st is his big day!!!
Recipes you must post recipes.
Pancake Puffs and Hawaiin Haystack. You know me not much of a cook so I need all the help I can get ;)
Post a Comment