Every so often my job as a mother goes as planned! Amazing, I know! Here's the deal:
Last night Levi made some choices at bedtime that earned him a consequence. His Dad told him he would be grounded the next day until noon (we had no school due to the ice). Normally that's more of a punishment for me because I have to hear him complain about not being able to play the entire time he's grounded. Today was different! When he woke up, I explained to him that he would be my personal assistant until noon. Whatever I needed done, he would help me do! He really wasn't sure what to think of that. He helped me change sheets on a sibling's bed, he vacuumed up crumbs left on the floor by his baby brother, he fed Jasmine AND burped her! Of course I had to hear, "Mom, have some pity on a brother! I have my new shirt on and I don't want her to puke on me!!" That's what the burp cloth is for darling.
I honestly could not believe how fast the time flew by! I know he was counting down the time but for me, it just whizzed by! I kept telling him how much fun it was to have him home, helping me. I got a kick out of his comments. He's got a mouth that is constantly running. He's dang funny and I love to just listen to him talk to his little brother or sisters. The kid is a riot!
After making him a grilled cheese sandwich, cut in triangles (that move got me a serious eye roll and a "Oh my gosh Mom, I'm not a baby!" remark), he was grabbing the phone to see who was available to hang out!
I told him how much fun I had hanging with him all morning and that I was super excited for the next time he got himself grounded. This personal assistant thing worked out very well!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Way to go, Mom!
Post a Comment