CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Now that's desparate!!!!

This is one of the longest weeks of my life! Wait, it's only Tuesday you say???? UGH. Samantha and Sabrina are at EFY (Especially For Youth camp, sponsored by BYU). They flew to Utah last Saturday and won't be home until this next Saturday. They are having a wonderful time. They are meeting tons of new friends. They are learning tons of new things. They are participating in humanitarian projects for people in other parts of the world. We are so glad they are having this experience. But we miss them.....terribly. Tanner is also gone during the day at Cub Scout Day Camp.

Just to show you how desperate it has become over here, I will share a conversation I had this morning with Levi.

Levi: "Mom, are we going anywhere today?"
Mom: "Nope, just staying home."
Levi: "Are you sure we don't need anything at Costco?"
Mom: "Well Levi, to be honest, even if I did need something we would probably not go anywhere because it's just not as much fun to go places without Sam and Sabrina here to help with the little ones."
(Now this is where his desperation kicks in)
Levi: "Ok Mom, here's what we do: We put Talisha and Savannah in the stroller, Zaiah (what he calls Isaiah) goes on your back (of course) and I hate to even say this next part, but I will hold Thomas and Vanessa's hands!!!"

I had to laugh. That was a very bold thing for him to say. As an 11 year old boy, holding hands with anyone is not something he enjoys so for him to offer to do that just so we could go to Costco was proof of his desperation to get out of the house!!

Now excuse me, I have to go to Costco just so I can see this become a reality! Might even have to take a picture or two!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh, this sounds familiar. I don't leave the house without my oldest girls. I imagine your house being alot like my daycare days. Everyone has someone to play with and help and the craziness is just part of it all. How did Costco go?

Amy(McCumber)Berg

Thanks for sharing your life with us stalkers!