Ok, this one was too good to pass up. Like all of you that have children, you know some of the things that come out of their mouths are the most funny, most clever, most goofy things you will hear all day. The hardest part for me is to sit quietly, listening. Most times I fall over laughing, tears coming down, the whole thing. But unfortunately if I do that, the conversation comes to a complete halt and I miss any further opportunities to hear the rest of the conversation.
This morning I was sitting in between two children, who were having a very heated discussion about birthmarks.
Vanessa (age 6) to Thomas: "Thomas, do you see that mark on your arm? That's your birthmark." It means you were borned.
Thomas (age 7) to Vanessa: "Where's yours?
Vanessa, "It's right here", pointing to hers on her arm.
Thomas to me, "Mom, does everyone have a birthmark?"
Before I could answer, Vanessa says in her best know it all voice, "Of course Thomas. If you don't have a birthmark that means you weren't borned and they bought you at the store!"
Thomas, eyes wide, "Is that true Mom????"
Vanessa with smug grin on her face, waiting for my reply.
Mom, "Thomas, have your ever seen a store that sells babies?" Goofy smile on his face.
Mom, "I didn't think so."
Whew, got through that conversation!!!
One just never knows what will happen when you kick your feet out of bed in the morning. With kids, it's always an adventure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thanks for the laugh! I know what you mean about waiting to hear the conversation.
Post a Comment