CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

In a whirl

So, I know your still waiting for me to post about my 20 year high school reunion......I'm still trying to figure out what's for dinner tonight. Thankfully after looking on one of my favorite blogs, I think I have it figured out......

Sooooo, the reunion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so fun to see people!!!!! Some looked exactly the same and others I really had to wrack my brain to come up with their name. What was interesting was that once we started talking and catching each other up on the past 20 years, it felt like I was in the twilight zone. It seemed like no time had passed and we were still in high school. It only took seconds to remember why I loved that particular person way back then or maybe why they were not my favorite. The human mind is an amazing thing.

What was amazing was to see what people have done with their lives. I was so proud of what some had accomplished (that's the Mom in me)!

My very best friend Bonnie and her husband went with us. And you would think we would have remembered to take a picture before we left but sadly we forgot. We will take one soon and post a "past" and "present" so you can see how nicely we have aged!!! tee hee......

I had to laugh though........I lost track of how many times people commented about my hair from high school!!!!! I heard comments through out the night about what beautiful hair I had in high school! I had no idea that anyone would remember something like that?????? Weird, if you ask me! Even at the family picnic on Sunday, my 8th grade history teacher showed up (I guess she still keeps in touch with a couple of students). I figured she would not remember me. I was not a stellar student. I got good grades but I didn't push myself or look for opportunities to do anything more than what was required. As she made the rounds, saying hi to people, I wondered what she would say when she came to me........"Oh, Tari Dahlen. I remember you! You had such beautiful hair and you were such a sweet girl!" The hair thing again..........the only thing I can say is that getting up at 4:30 every morning to do my hair must have paid off!!!! My claim to fame!!!!

Well, I'm off to get that dinner started!

3 comments:

our big bus said...

What a fun night. Yes we must take a picture. I didn't even think to bring a camera, but looking at other peoples facebook I guess I was way out of the loop. The hair: so fun to remember all the bangs, and volume. Now it is the straighter the better. What will it be in the next 5 years not to mention 20?
Bonnie

Lars said...

Yea!! Sounds like a great time!

Kelly said...

Tari,

What is that favorite blog with food recipes? Share please...

My 20th reunion is this August, I am nervous!

~kelly jensen