It's Saturday night. I'm sitting here watching Cheaper By The Dozen on t.v. Kind of ironic. The house is completely quiet. The oldest two went to a movie with friends. The next two went grocery shopping with Scott and the last 8 are in bed. And tomorrow is Mother's Day. Sigh.Mother's Day.....just saying the words brings up images in my mind of homemade cards, handfuls of flowers picked fresh from the yard, hugs and kisses throughout the day, listening to the children sing a Mother's Day song for all the moms at church and knowing that the kids will do the dishes after dinner....without complaining!
I am so blessed to have a wonderful mother. When I married Scott, I was also blessed to inherit a wonderful mother in law! I have been surrounded my whole life by amazing woman. I have a best friend who is a great example to me of motherhood. I have a sister and sister in laws who constantly show me what it means to be a mother.
There are days when I wish I was a better mom. There are days when I totally get it right and think to myself, "Wow, I'm finally getting the hang of this Motherhood thing" and then there are days when I wonder if anything I did was noticed. But regardless of the day I had, one thing I know for sure: I wouldn't trade my life for anything in the world. I am so blessed.
I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day! And just in case there are any males out there reading this, make sure the moms in your life know how much you appreciate everything they do!

3 comments:
You are an amazing mom. Happy Mother's Day!
Tari,
You are an amazing mom. I love reading your blog. You are an inspiration. I hope you have a fabulous Mother's Day!
I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day Tari! You are such and amazing woman and your kids are so blessed to have you as their mother. :)
Post a Comment