CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Grammy Turns 90!

I love this picture of Grammy with her 3 girls. From top row, clockwise they are my mother, Marie, Shirli and then the youngest daugher, Fran.

Simply beautiful!

In April, my amazing grandmother turned 90! They had a birthday celebration in Utah but we were unable to attend. Thankfully, someone was taking pictures and we were able to have them passed along. Thank you to whoever did that.....Sandi, did you set that up???



Grammy is a beautiful person, inside and out. She has lived an amazing life and I hope to be just like her when I grow up! She has been shrinking in stature for years but her spirit inside is 6' tall!



She taught me so much, growing up. I loved baking bread with her and hanging up the laundry out on the line after we put it through her old washing machine with the wringers. I loved to help her plant her garden. She didn't even care that I would sit in the middle of it and eat all the peas after they had grown!



Patience is something she has never been short of. She is my example. How blessed I am to have her in my life!

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Yes, my old roommate Koreena does photography now, and since she lived a few towns away I paid her to come down. She was right on time, but we were all late, so she helped us get the food ready! She stayed nearly the whole time and took lots of candid shots, as well as the posed ones. She even got Grammy (who did not want to be photographed at all) to take off her sunglasses and get a close-up. That one's my favorite! The pictures you got were just the preview she put on her blog, but I'll be getting the rest soon on a cd, and then I'm not sure whether we'll be emailing them or sending cd copies. I bought the copyright, so we can make as many prints of them as we want.

Tari said...

Sandi, thank you for coordinating that!!! Truly priceless!!! I would love to see her blog! One of my first comments when I saw the pics was I was amazed someone got a picture of Grammy without her glasses on!!!! Way to go Koreena!!