CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 10, 2008

What???



My oldest was typing a report for school and needed some advice on the layout. I was in the kitchen, working on dinner and she was around the corner in the office. I called a couple of ideas to her and then also said, "Put a carriage return after the title!" It was quiet for a few seconds and then I heard, "Um Mom, what's a carriage return?"


Did I say that????? Wow. I had to stop what I was doing and go explain typewriters and the sounds and features of those wonderful machines. I haven't typed on one for years so I'm not sure why that came out of my mouth but it did give me the opportunity to tell her about something that I used to love: the clickety-clack of the keys and the ding at the end of the row.......

Ahhhh, those were the days.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Did that make you feel any older? He he! Everyday something funny makes me feel a little older all the time now... :)

Lars said...

Plus how often do you get to use white-out anymore? And when I do it's just the white correction tape instead of Liquid Paper.

Sandi said...

How funny! I learned to type on an electric typewriter, and the next year the school got computers. It's not that I'm old, our school was just out-dated!