CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 24, 2008

Did she really just say that????

I called the high school a few minutes ago. I needed to excuse Samantha and Sabrina for an appointment this afternoon. I asked if there was any way they could please let the girls know what time they needed to leave since this morning when they left for school, I was still unsure. Without skipping a beat she said, "Well, do they have cell phones?" Um, well yes...."Could you please just send them a text and then hopefully at lunch they will see it". Oh, OK. I guess I could do that.

Isn't that funny that it never occurred to me to do that because that wasn't what my mom would have done years ago. I was just thinking they would send the student office aide to their class and give them a little piece of paper with the information on it. Silly me, welcome to the 21st century!!!

2 comments:

Lars said...

Wow! That's funny for two reasons...that technology is so different now and also I'm surprised your school allows cell phone use during the school day. What a change.

Tari said...

I think that's what threw me as well.....she was suggesting my girls use their cell phones during school hours and I thought that was not allowed!!!