CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

That's Disgusting!!!!

So Levi walks through the front door, holding something in his hand. "Mom, what's this?" I turned to see what he had and just about threw up. You see, Levi is such a boy. He will pick up anything, try anything, eat anything....ok, you get the idea. So really, I never know what to expect from a question like that......Anyway, I turned to see what he had in his hand and immediately started yelling! "LEVI, PUT THAT THING DOWN! WAIT, DON'T PUT IT DOWN, GO PUT IT OUTSIDE IN THE GARBAGE CAN!! DON'T TOUCH THE DOOR WHEN YOU OPEN IT. I'LL OPEN IT FOR YOU. DON'T GET SO CLOSE TO ME! CAREFUL, DON'T LET IT TOUCH ANYTHING! NOW GET IN HERE AND WASH YOUR HANDS, UP TO YOUR ELBOWS! DON'T TOUCH THE FAUCET, I'LL TURN IT ON FOR YOU!!!! UGH, YOU ARE SUCH A BOY!!!" "Mom, stop freaking out and just tell me what it was!" "Levi, I'm pretty sure there is a raccoon running around outside that is missing a chunk of it's fur and you were holding it!!!!!" GROSS!!! Levi says, "Geez Mom, why do you have to be such a girl??"

This comes after the conversation I had with him this morning. I was leaving the bathroom as he was coming in. I watched him lift the seat (good boy!) but was thoroughly grossed out as to how he did it. He just grabbed the thing and lifted it up!!! Ick. I said, "Levi, thanks for lifting the lid. The way you did it grossed me out and is another reason why we wash our hands after using the bathroom!!" "What??", he says. "How would you do it?" Me? "Well, I actually use a sheet of toilet paper to lift the lid!" "Oh my gosh, Mom! You're such a girl!!!" Well, yes Levi I am, thank you very much. And if you would keep your aim a little straighter, I wouldn't have to do that!!!!

Hand cleanliness after using the bathroom is a big deal at our house. Nothing grosses us (me and Sam and Sabrina) out more than to see someone walking out of the bathroom, without washing their hands. We are constantly bugging the boys especially, to wash their hands!!!! Any good suggestions you have would be lovely!

3 comments:

Lars said...

Really disgusting.

Scott said...

Have to love my boys. That is a great story. I bet it was actually part of a cat that the Racoon tore apart!

Tari said...

Cat? I wish. We saved it so we can show it to you when you get home. I bet you can hardly wait, huh?