My dear Grammy waited a long time to be reunited with her sweetheart and family who had passed on years ago. She was ready. We were ready to let her go. Knowing that she is free from pain, that her mind is clear and she is with her family is the most comforting for us to know.
I feel so blessed to have had her in our lives for as long we did! What a treasure for our children to have known their Great-Grandmother!! She was one of the most loving, caring, honest, hard-working, talented women I know! She taught me things that I will never forget. She had handmade aprons that I loved to wear, she made buckwheat pancakes, she hung her wash on the line outside, she taught me how to plant peas and carrots, she gave me a love of daffodils, she had the best handmade quilts made out of my grandpa's old work pants, she made the best bread pudding and she always made nestle quick milkshakes on Sunday nights! Yeah, she was the best Grammy a kid could ever ask for!!
I love you Grammy!


No comments:
Post a Comment