They must have separated the debris into like items. The stuff we find on our property is all glass! Now, that might not sound very exciting but we seriously find the coolest treasures!! Take a look at this little gem Scott found last night as he was working on the sprinklers!!
It's a little jar with a tin lid!
When I opened it up, whatever was inside had turned to powder...or maybe it started that way....
With all the landscaping we have done around here, we have uncovered so much glass!!! Most of it is broken pieces of bottles, china, etc., but we have also found some real treasures...like these:
This tiny little jar is my favorite!!!!
The tiny little lid was found separately but it fits so well on the bottle! I put a pencil in the background so you could get an idea of the size!
This thing....not sure what it is....Scott said something about electricity.....it's adorable!
Some of the cool jars!
Another section of them!
I LOVE that blue one!!!!
I love the colored ones!!
I started lining them on top of one of my cabinets in the kitchen so I could see them everyday!
We have a 5 gallon bucket full of bottles/jars that we have dug up that are just waiting to be cleaned and washed. Most of the time they are full of dirt and take forever to get clean. Someday my backyard will look like the movie, Holes! Haha, I would love to dig up treasures but for now I am content to enjoy our landscaping!











4 comments:
so cool! regarding that photo of the melba jar: melba was a makeup company in the early 1900s and those containers were first produced in 1918.
http://collectingvintagecompacts.blogspot.com/2011/05/melba-part-1-rise-of-chicago-cosmetics.html
For real????? That is awesome!!!! Thanks for the info!! :
Wow! Super neat!! Now I wonder how we are going to keep my husband out of those "holes"? If he comes up missing at the reception, yep, we know right where to find him!
Well, if they couldn't dump gold and silver on your land, pretty glass is the next best thing!
Post a Comment