Wednesday Sabrina was able to spend the day at an orphanage! This is what her text said about her day:
"Spent today in the children's orphanage with the sweetest kids ever!!! Almost brought them all home! There was only like 13 of them, ages 2-7. The orphanage director was amazing and the whole place was clean and neat and all the kids were healthy...and all the girls had their hair done! Awesome!"
She said a couple of the little boys snagged her phone and took videos and pictures. Haha, we won't be able to post any of those online due to privacy rules but I'm anxious to see them! She's hoping to make it to the beach today. Friday and Saturday she will help finish up the playground that they're building.
I asked what was for dinner last night and this was her response: "Dinner is rice (surprise) and meat sauce (I think) with cooked and fresh veggies, bread and stewed spinach (probably)haha" I'm guessing she ate rice for dinner....and bread!
She said she is in bed by 9 every night...maybe 9:30. She just puts her ear plugs in and is out like a light! She has to wear ear plugs because the roosters and dogs are quite noisy during the night. The roosters start at 4 and she doesn't get up until 5. She says with all the walking that she's doing as well as having the heat/sun baking down on her, she is exhausted at the end of her day.
She's considering going on the next mission trip to Guatemala in June. She's thinks it sounds great because they speak Spanish and that's much easier to understand then Creole!! I have a feeling this is just the beginning for this girl! Once she did one trip, she is going to be hooked!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I have done some work with an organization in Honduras if she's ever interested in going there!
I would love to pass along the info to her! I'm sure she would be interested!! :)
Post a Comment