Much to her delight, Thursday was spent at the beach!!! I was getting a little anxious yesterday afternoon because I hadn't heard from her at the 'normal' time and then 2 more hours passed and I was starting to hyperventilate! Finally I got a text from her that said, "Sorry! Just walked in the door! We had a 3 hour drive home from the beach!!" And then she sent a text right after that one that said, "Don't worry :) haha.." She knows me too well, I was starting to completely panic!!
They left for the beach at 6 am and got to the beach about 10. She snorkeled for the first time in her life!!!! This is what the text said that she sent: "I seriously thought I was going to die!! I sucked up salt water, which was disgusting but I saw so many cool fish!"
She said she saw like 500 puffer fish!! The vendors on the beach would catch King Crab, cook them over a fire and serve the whole thing for $10 bucks!! She said you have to pay to go to the beach, so typically only the wealthy go! There was a pool, a floating trampoline and of course chairs and a few other things included in the cost to get in. It was about 650 gourdes (or about $15 per person).
She came home to a cold shower because the city turned off the electricity but half way through, it came back on!! Dinner was fried chicken, rice, salad and rolls!! She also said it was pretty cool outside, she thought it was about 65.
I asked her if she could believe it was already Friday and she said, "I seriously can't believe that I'm halfway done! It feels like I have been here forever, yet I don't want to leave!!"
I finally realized what time it was for her, so I told her I would let her get to bed. She was finishing up writing in her journal but said that she didn't have to be up until 7:30! They are painting the playground today!!
We are so happy for her! She is having such a great time and having life experiences that she couldn't have anywhere else!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment