CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Such A Merry Christmas!

Another Christmas has come and gone and I am reminded once again how blessed we are!  It was so fun having family here!  We ate so much food, laughed until we cried, talked about everything under the sun and just had an amazing time.  I have tons of pics to post eventually but tonight I just wanted to share these particular ones with you.

The very last gift Scott and I opened actually came as 12 individual gifts, all stacked up!  I had no idea what they could be. They were from Sabrina.  As we each started to unwrap them, one by one, my heart was full.  There were no words to describe how I felt as I realized the love, time and thought that went into this project.  She had created a priceless gift that I will treasure the rest of my life!

She tells me that she went to the "wood store" and told the guy she needed some wood "about this long". He cut it for her and home she went to sand and paint.  She went back a week later and asked him for another piece, which she took home to also sand and paint.

When she came home for Christmas break, she took each of her siblings out to her little guest house in the backyard and had each one of them put their hand print on their block of wood.  Amazingly, none of them spilled the beans about the project she was working on!

Anyway, back to Christmas morning.....after opening the other 10 packages of each child's hand print, she handed me the last package to open. As I opened it up, a sob caught in my throat.  She had framed my favorite picture of Zachary.  I stared into his beautiful eyes for a few minutes. When I looked up, I realized Sabrina had brought over the last part of the gift.  It was only then that I saw how it all went together. I broke down and just cried when I realized the extent of her gift.  One word:  Amazing.

Here are a couple of pics. The first will show you just how big it is and the next one will show how it looks hanging on the wall.

Of course you all know how much I love that song!  I also love how she incorporated a heart into each of their hand prints!!  She tells me this idea came to her through divine inspiration. It was healing for her as she worked on it.  Zachary continues to touch our lives each and every day, and on this Christmas when he was supposed to be laughing and giggling while he opened his first Christmas gifts, he wasn't here but his memory continues to live on in our hearts.  I know he celebrated with Him who sent His Son and I honestly couldn't ask for anything better than that for our sweet baby.