CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 7, 2012

The Things I Learn From My Children......

The other day Vanessa forgot to take her tennis shoes for P.E.  She called home and asked her dad if he could bring them to her.  He hopped in the car and took them over.  When he got there, her P.E. class had started, so he went in to the gym to find her.

As he walked in, Vanessa tells me that all her friends around her started whispering, "Vanessa, is that your dad?"  Now, I know why they would ask that....their skin colors don't exactly match and to many people that just doesn't make any sense but I wanted to see what Vanessa would say.  As she paused in her story, I asked, "Why would they ask if he was your dad??  Huh, I guess that's because he's so short!"  Laughing, she replies, "Mom, I'm pretty sure it's because he's so tall!!!"

I waited for it.  I was pretty sure she would say it but she never did.  I love that girl.  I think it's great that it's not the first thing that comes to mind when she thinks of her dad.  Yes, their skin colors don't match but that doesn't mean a thing in our family.  I like it that way.  I wish more people did as well.

No comments: