CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 22, 2011

HEAVEN!!!!

Have I mentioned yet that I love our new home???  If not, let me tell you.....I really do.  Today was the perfect day.  We (and by 'we', I mean all of us including 2 grandmas and 1 grandpa) worked outside.  Papa trimmed trees, grandma's and grandkids hauled the cut branches to the farthest back corner of our property, we stopped to feed the neighbor's horses, mowed the grass and Scott basically spent the whole day working on little projects.   A very productive day indeed!!  Sabrina and I even went and bought 5 little kids winter coats (there went a chunk of change)! 

I love that our kids can be outside this time of year, enjoying the beautiful Indian summer, playing and running all over the yard!  At one point this afternoon, I looked outside and saw Scott, Levi, Tanner, Thomas, Isaiah and Papa all playing football together!!!  Now that was the cutest thing ever!!!!!  I should have snapped a picture but I didn't think of it. 

We are getting settled and it's so nice to have all the boxes emptied and pictures hanging on the walls!  It took a little longer this time around and I still have some rearranging to do.  But I have nothing but time so I'm not worried.....

Here are a couple of pics I snapped with my cell phone while we were out feeding the horses this morning.




They are kind of shy horses...or maybe they are just not used to high pitched, squeaky voices from small children!  We blew through a bag of carrots in no time!  Horses that live on the other side of the fence are so much easier to take care of!  Haha, the kids keep asking when we can get some animals....we have been here 2 weeks.  Nothing like jumping into 'country living'!!  Sabrina was checking Craigslist today for cows, horses, sheep, goats, donkeys, miniature donkeys and Yaks......of course.  She tried selling us on how 'cool' it would be if we had a giraffe in the pasture!!!!  I wonder where she gets her impulsive self????  Ok, I thought it would be a fun idea.....if it could survive the winters!!  Otherwise we would have to build a really tall barn!  

More pics soon! 

4 comments:

Sandi said...

I love productive days! And working together as a family is so fulfilling. Looking forward to more pictures!

Verenice and Matthew said...

Hey! I hope you don't mind but I found your blog. I am so excited for you guys on the move. It looks like you are really going to be happy there and congrats on the wedding. She looked BEAUTIFUL!

Tari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tari said...

How fun to hear from you, Verenice!! Of course we don't mind that you found our blog!! We are loving our new house and all the space.

Thank you for your kind words. I thought Sam looked beautiful as well, but I am kind of biased! :)

Take care! Stop by and read whenever you like!