CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Oh, The Things They Say.......

Kids are funny. They don't mean to be. Most of the time, they don't realize what they said was hilarious.

Scott wakes Thomas up every morning for school. One morning Thomas, who was still very tired says in this perturbed voice to his dad, "You can't just come in here and wake people up. I was sleeping!" Oh really? Sorry about that.

This morning as Samantha was getting her breakfast, she noticed the condition of the tub of butter. "What happened to the butter?" she asked. "Oh Isaiah took a wire whisk to it yesterday." That happens at your house too, right?

I was having a conversation with Savannah about doing certain things when she was older. She still has a little trouble saying her "g's" sometimes so the conversation went something like this:

"Mama, when I fro up like you, I will wear shoes like this!" She was putting on a pair of my heels. I was busy putting clean clothes away and wasn't really paying attention. "When you 'fro up' like me? What are you talking about? When did I throw up, Baby?"

"No Mama, when I FRO up like you!" "What do you mean? I don't think I'm understanding what you are trying to say!" Shakes head back and forth, "I mean when I'm a Mama I will wear shoes like this!" "OHHH, gotcha! You mean when you grow up."

By this time she was done with the conversation and left the room, probably wondering to herself how I honestly make it through the day.

Happy Tuesday All!!!

4 comments:

Scott said...

okay, that was way funny! Don't forget the other Thomas morning favorite, "I dead, go away".

Oh and the one with Isaiah telling us very clearly that Levi and Tanner were throwing the ball upstairs and then a whole lecture from him (Isaiah) why we needed to go upstairs and stop them (which I am not sure I understood too much of that).

our big bus said...

sooo funny.

Tari said...

It's amazing how quickly children learn to use the 'I'm telling on someone' influction in their voice. Hearing the almost 3 year old tell on his much older brothers, who were playing football in the house was hilarious!!!

Sandi said...

So good . . .