CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 16, 2009

Good-Bye Keiko!!

All dressed in pink for church!

Her other 'mommies'!

She's looking forward to sleeping through the night tonight!!


Ok, I know her name wasn't really Keiko but seriously I already have a brain-ful of names and this was easier to remember. I promise when they are honest and truly, real live babies (grandbabies), I will remember their name, Sam!!!
She came alive Friday afternoon and stayed alive until sometime this morning. She was still 'breathing' when Sam left for school this morning.
Sam did a great job taking care of this little cutie. But honestly, I didn't expect anything but that. I thought maybe we should have let her teacher know that not only did she care for her newborn on Saturday night but also 8 little brothers and sisters as well. I think she should get an A+ on this project!
She let out a couple of screams that made me break out in a sweat. But all Sam had to do was swipe her arm band across the baby. That would let the baby know she was there. If she was hungry, Sam would put her bottle to her mouth and she made drinking sounds.....sometimes for about 20 minutes! Other times she would just need to burp or need a diaper change. If that was the case, she would swipe the diaper across the sensor and she would stop screaming. Then she would take off the one and put the other one on. Sometimes all she needed was to be rocked.
It will be interesting to see the printout of how she did. Her teacher will print it off for her when she turns in the baby today. She also made a cute little baby book, complete with pictures and her schedule of every time she made a peep as well as her eating/diaper changing schedule.
Whew! That was quite a weekend!!!

1 comment:

our big bus said...

Sooooo Cute...I can't wait to see the baby book. I think she gets an A++. Let her teacher know she had her baby and her sibs.