CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Summer is finally here!!!

Ok, let's be clear......summer vacation is here, but the weather has yet to cooperate. It's not the warmest out there, in fact the kids were complaining that it was "freezing outside" and they didn't want to stay out there to play! Freezing, I reminded them, was when snow was falling from the sky....this was not even close. For us Oregonians, high 60's is shorts weather and that's what we're all wearing right about now.

We like to remember when we lived in Arizona a few years back. We were sitting outside on the 4th of July, around 10:00 at night, waiting for the fireworks to start. We were all sweating and miserable, complaining about how hot it still was that late at night. We were reminiscing about the good ol' days in Oregon when we would take huge blankets and sleeping bags to wherever we were headed to watch the fireworks. We would all huddle together to ooooh and ahhhh. A little different than the 4th of July in AZ.....I remember telling the kids that I would not hold anyone on my lap because it was just too stinkin' hot!!!! The grass is always greener........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I much prefer Oregon weather over the oppressive heat of Arizona! But it would be nice to have at least SOME summer...

Nikki said...

It's just now getting warm in Utah. Sorry I missed seeing you in Portland. It was a whirlwind as you can imagine! Are you planning a trip to Utah anytime soon???