CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 28, 2013

Where Are You Sunshine???


It has been a long time since we have seen the sun.....and grass for that matter!!  It's very unusual for this area to be so cold for so long....our 85 year old neighbor said it hasn't been this cold since 1865 (or somewhere around there....).  People everywhere are talking about the weather and how out of character it is for this area.

While all of that makes me feel a little better that this isn't normal, it doesn't change the fact that this dumb snow has been here since Christmas day.  I'm a "have it snow today and be gone tomorrow" type of person!  I love the snow, it's so pretty coming down and makes for a fun snow day but then let's just move on!!!!  And when temperatures drop to 1,2 or 3 for a month, that's just too cold!!!

We saw the sun a little bit yesterday and it melted some ice but then the snow started back up last night.  And as if to make my point, I just glanced outside as I type this and.....you guessed it.....it's snowing again!!!

Well, it can't last forever....right???  I could sure use a tropical vacation right now!!!  Who's with me????

2 comments:

Sandi said...

ME! We were spoiled last year by the warmer-than-normal winter. I guess its making up for it this year! Last year at this time I was playing with my kids at the park and going on walks every day. This year I'm hibernating!

Tari said...

Right??? I hear ya!!! Such a different winter than last year. Last winter spoiled us, that's for sure!! :)