CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 1, 2010

Braids!!!!


Just getting started!

All done!!


And Miss Talisha with her braids.


We finally attempted to braid Vanessa's hair at home. We have always taken her someplace but it's so hard to schedule plus it takes all day and costs a ton of money......but more importantly.....it hurts like the dickens!! The end result is that it looks amazing for at least 8 months but for the reasons listed above, we just haven't had it done since last year!
A month or so ago, I actually cut her hair. That was an experience!! It didn't actually turn out too bad. She has been wearing it in a huge afro, which was cute but was getting old.
A friend that I went to high school with posted a video on Facebook of how to do a particular type of braid (she has beautiful little brown girls too!) and has spent quite a bit of time in Haiti. After watching her 4 minute video I figured I would give it a try. What did I have to lose, right??
The end result was that Vanessa loved her hair!!! I wish I would have kept track of how many times she said, "I feel so pretty!" Doesn't get better than that!!!
We ended up doing Talisha's hair as well! Her's went much faster because she has a different type of hair. The amazing thing was I got them both done without any tears being shed!!! That was worth every minute!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

and they are both so cute! Good job Tari!

Sandi said...

Lovely! (and way to be brave and save money)