CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Life Is Hectic!


Have you wondered where I have been lately??? Me too! No, not really. I know where I have been: packing boxes and then packing some more! It's been a crazy month so far. The ups and downs of selling a home have kept us on the emotional roller coaster. We are selling our 12th home and buying our 13th!


We found a great home just two streets to the North of us that is bigger, still on a half acre AND has an in-ground, heated pool with a slide!!! The real bonus is that is costs considerably less than the one we're in!


We love our home. It has everything I ever wanted in a home. Over the last 4 years of living here, I can't even count how many times I have said, "I LOVE my home!!!" That's weird. Who says that? But what I haven't loved is the mortgage. It's do-able for us but now that home prices have fallen so low, it's frustrating to see bigger homes for so low. We bought our current home 4 years ago when the prices were sky-rocketing. But we loved it and didn't even think at the time that the economy was going to fall so hard.


We're taking a huge loss on our home. All the equity that we have rolled along the previous 10 homes is almost completely wiped out. It's strange to be in that position. But we feel so strongly about lowering our debt that we know we will be blessed, as we have in the past.


The kids are excited. Nothing changes for them as far as church, schools, friends are concerned. It's a win-win for them! We are blessed to have such resilient children who look forward to change.


We should be backing up the moving van in the driveway next Tuesday. Should be quite the adventure! Stay tuned!


10 comments:

Kelly said...

Please take lots of photos! North? Are you closer to Rasmussens or across Jackson towards Tanasbourne?

Tari said...

Backs up to Evergreen!

Sandi said...

What a bummer to lose your equity. But hooray on losing higher monthly payments!

Kandi said...

I can't wait to see pictures Tari! I drive Evergreen almost every morning on my way to work, so once you're moved in we can wave at each other as I drive by. :)

How exciting that it has a pool. That's one of my dreams too. And I have to say that I love my house too. I actually said that today. I don't love the lot so much, so if I could pick up my house and move it to a bigger, flatter lot with an in ground pool, then I'd be set. Have fun packing!

Kandi said...

Me again. Is it kind of off of Sundance Ct? The house next to it have a tennis court? I'm trying to be a detective you know. :)

Tari said...

Kandi, it's kind of a "green" color. I bet you have seen it a million times!! I'll be sure to wave!! :)

Tari said...

And yes.....off Sundance ct.

our big bus said...

Congratulations. A lower mortgage will be a huge blessing.
Also a little bit closer to me ;)

Lars said...

Maybe it's a family thing. You did that with your parents not too far down the same street many years ago. ha ha

Does this one have room for a trampoline inside and a half way to jump off of?

It sounds like a great new house and very much worth all the packing and upheaval. Best wishes on moving safely with little property damage. :)

Lars said...

Wow...that was supposed to be "half wall".