Samantha decided she wanted to have a blog. She just started it a few days ago and I'm excited to see what kinds of things she posts. Check out her blog to see and read about the life of a sweet, all-American, almost 17 year old girl! It's in my side bar and it's called: Miss Samantha. I wanted to post a song she just wrote for an assignment in her Modern America class. She was asked to take a song and replace the words with some historical facts. I thought she did a great job. It's to the tune of "How To Save A Life", by The Fray.
In 1939 War broke out
Roosevelt, Stalin, and Churchill had a talk
The Soviet Union reneged
The Berlin Airlift amazed
Brother fought brother in a fight
Confused, in foxholes in the night
In a foreign land to save the world
Wondering if they’d survive the worst
Where did they go wrong, we lost our friends
Somewhere alone in a battlefield
Then they all gave up life for a fight
To protect what they know is right
On a bus in Montgomery
A woman was told to give up her seat
A boycott followed soon
A March on Washington ensued
Dr. King gave his speech
A dream he had for you and me
Civil Rights, a blessing
Where did they go wrong, we lost our friends
Somewhere alone in a battlefield
Then they all gave up life for a fight
To protect what they know is right
Ronald Reagan changed the world
When he talked to Khrushchev
And they saved the hurt
The Berlin wall fell down
Joyful faces glowed around
With no more Communism,
People could just go on livin’
In peace and happily
They know what freedom really means
Where did they go wrong, we lost our friends
Somewhere alone in a battlefield
Then they all gave up life for a fight
To protect what they know is right
She will be singing that in class today. Thankfully she was blessed with a beautiful voice, but she is still very nervous. I think I would have stayed home sick if I had to do that in high school!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That is so awesome! I used to write songs for book reports because I'd get extra credit for singing in front of everyone. Way to go, Girl!
I tried to comment on Sam's blog, but it didn't let me...UGH!
Just tell her for now I can't wait to re-live High school through her blog. I loved being a mat hostess....
Some setting on her blog was messed up but we fixed it....whew.
Post a Comment