CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 13, 2014

4th Of July....continued!!

After the parade on the 4th, we hurried home and loaded up the van!!  We headed to Arco for the weekend, to stay with Samantha's in-laws!  We are so blessed that our daughter's found wonderful men that came from great family's!!!  Never in a million years did I ever think we would hang out/spend the weekend with our children's in-laws!!!  So fun!!!
His Aunties could not get enough of him!!!  Love this boy!!


Friday night we spent about 3 hours doing fireworks!!  We had purchased a giant box full from some friend's at church and I didn't think they would ever end!  After that, Sam's in-laws did their show, which was way more amazing than anything we have ever done!!!  They buy the mortar's from the Indian Reservation and that was a whole new experience in itself!!!  Finally around 10:30, we got to watch the local firework show, which was pretty impressive considering the total population is like, 1000.  They have a man that builds the fireworks himself!!!

Some of the crew, watching the show!!  That box to the left was packed full of fireworks!!!

We may have had to put out a small fire caused by a firework that went a little crazy!  Luckily, it landed right next to the canal behind their house!!!  Whew!!
 
The next day after eating a yummy breakfast and hanging out for a little bit, we took everyone to the local diner for lunch!  When all 18 of us walked in, the two girls working that day looked like they might just pass out!!! 


After that, we loaded everyone up and headed out to "Swinging Tree"!!  I honestly did not know what to expect!!!  After leaving the regular road and driving on dirt roads for several miles, we left our van parked by the side of the road and climbed into one of Sam's Father-in-law's 4 wheel drive trucks (they brought 2 up the mountain).  The drive up was enough to freak me out!  We finally arrived in a meadow and piled out!  Then we began the hike up the side of a mountain!  I was so glad I had brought Olivia's backpack!!!  Samantha had one on for Brooklyn as well!

Just when I thought I might die from the hike, we arrived at the swing!!  It wasn't anything like I had imagined!!  Everyone was a little apprehensive to try it at first but after watching Colt and then his brothers do it, our kids started giving it a shot!

Savannah, Isaiah and Jasmine all went with Scott the first time and after that, I couldn't keep them off of it!!!  Everyone loved it!!!  I loved watching them do it!!!  I will try to post a couple of videos so you can see it!! 


After we finished up there, we headed back to their house.  Scott took 4 kids swimming to get the dirt off!  :)  We had an amazing bbq dinner and then later, roasted marshmallows and had s'mores!!

Sunday was the whole reason we came......it was Brooklyn's Blessing day!!!  Samantha, in her spare time of being a mom of two cute children, full time college student and wife, made Brooklyn's blessing dress!!!!  It was gorgeous!!!
I know she doesn't look happy, but look at that dress!!!!!!  Gorgeous!!!  And she is such a little sweetheart!  Those big beautiful eyes just stare at you so intently!
 Beautiful Mama and baby girl!
 

Love these two!

 Daddy with his girls.
 
Our first born with her 2nd born!

 The whole bunch of us!
 


Such a beautiful family!



 

1 comment:

Sandi said...

How cool that the two families like to hang together. That would be my dream!