Sometimes I wish I had someone who could follow our family around, a videographer(?) to make a record of what we're doing and the craziness of our lives. I'm guessing if I ever watched a movie of a 'day in the life' of our family, I would be exhausted just watching it!!!! Hahaha......
I just re-read that last paragraph and literally laughed out loud!!! I typed that yesterday morning. Let's do a little review of yesterday......
By 8am, I had showered, and was completely ready for the day, had done a load of laundry, picked up the house and had 8 kids out the door to school and was just getting the baby ready to head out the door to the Dr. Oops, take that back.....7 kids were at school, one was at the ER getting stitches in her heel! Vanessa was dancing in the kitchen before breakfast (we do a lot of that at our house.....) and hit her foot on the corner of the dishwasher and sliced open her heel! She required 6 stitches to close it up! Whew....anyway, took Olivia to the plastic surgeon who will perform the surgery for her eye openings, picked up the kindergartner, fed her lunch, did more laundry, went back to the kid's school to watch the pep assembly (because I heard a rumor that the Varsity basketball team was doing a 'dance-off' against the girl's varsity team). There was no way I was going to miss that!!! I will see if I can post the video....oh my.
Anyway, brought 2 boys home, helped one with homework, picked up the next 3, took Tanner to track practice, dropped of 2 girls at their church activity, came home and started dinner, got Thomas out the door to Lacrosse practice, I sent Scott to pick up Vanessa from dance try-outs at the school and pick up Levi from basketball practice, then I sent Scott to pick up the 2 girls, he dropped them off and headed back over to pick up Tanner from track. Everyone was home, except Thomas at this point so we ate dinner, dropped the boys off at the church for youth activities, cleaned the kitchen, helped the 4 littles get their laundry put away, fed the baby, got the first 4 in bed, got my exercise clothes on, exercised on my TreadClimber for 25 minutes, then my TurboSonic for 10, then 30 minutes in my sauna, showered and got the next 3 to bed, finished cleaning the kitchen, got the baby ready for bed after she ate and was in bed by 10!!!!! Whew!! That's a record for us because many times it's closer to 11 and since I get up at 5 everyday, 11 is just too late for me to feel like I got enough sleep!!
Just another day in paradise!!
Here are a couple of pictures of our sweet Olivia just to brighten your day!
Where are your teeth, sweet baby???
Look at those cute teeth!!!!
Happy Thursday!!!




1 comment:
Whew! You are an amazing woman. I have a song you should listen to about being a mom--it would describe you perfectly.
Post a Comment