Haha, I just love saying that....."farm".....sigh. Levi calls us 'wannabe's'! I asked him how many of his friends have horses, cows, chickens, ducks, goats, dogs and cats??? None. Now granted we don't have fields to plow and combines to drive but still....I figure anyone who has that variety of farm animals can call themselves a 'farmer'! We're missing pigs and sheep but whose to say they won't make their way here eventually! :)
We have been doing a ton of landscaping around this place! Seems never ending! Last week, we had gutters installed! Yippee!!!! We also had our front yard hydro-seeded! We had 5000 sf of dirt that is now neon green (from the dye they use with the seeds) in our front yard! Haha, I'm sure our neighbors are thinking, "Oh great! Now what are they doing over there?" In 3 weeks we will have grass tall enough to mow! That will be a huge improvement over the dirt!
We are getting ready to install new 3 rail white fencing in our front pasture in the next few weeks! I will be sure to post before and after pics of that project! It will change the whole look of our property and I'm so excited to see the results! Our neighbors on either side of us both have white vinyl fencing so I'm sure they will love the fact that we are replacing our old, broken down, rickety barbwire/field fencing with something a
The animals are all growing and doing well! My adorable dwarf heifer still looks tiny! She barely comes up to my knee! We have been trying to find another mini horse/donkey/mule as a companion for Spring. We almost had a mini mule but the lady decided she wanted them (she had two) to go to a new house together and I only was interested in buying one. Bummer. They were wild little things! But totally adorable!
Hmm, let's see...kiddos! Everyone is excited to only have 17 days of school left this school year!! Sabrina will graduate on the 18th!!!! She is soooo excited to be done! I remember that feeling! Levi is still playing on his private league football team. He is on the Varsity team but was also asked to play on the Open Team (which is the 17/18 yr. olds)! He loves it and usually plays the entire game on both Offense and Defense! He is one tired puppy after the game! Tanner and Thomas are wrapping up their online school classes. They have really become quite the buddies, spending their days together! It has been a blessing to have them work together. Vanessa is excited for summer break! She loves going to work with Sabrina on her days off of school to feed calves! She is a worker!!!! Sabrina's boss often times throws cash her way and thanks her for all her hard work! He is always very impressed with her work ethic! Talisha is anxious to be a 2nd grader! She is quite the little reader! She often comes home with awards for her helpful attitude, good behavior or excellent work. Savannah is excited to have her kindergarten graduation! She reminds me so much of Sam at her age! She is outside all the time, climbing trees, playing with puppies, creating adventure, swinging, helping a grandparent, etc.! Isaiah and Jazz each attend 2 different preschools during the week and there are lots of end of the year festivities coming up! They have preschool graduation at both of their preschools so we will be attending 4 different ceremonies! Wowza!
Whew! There ya have it! Life is constantly busy and moving forward! We love it that way! Can't imagine it any other way!


1 comment:
I'd definitely say it qualifies as a farm!
Post a Comment