We are constantly talking about animals at our house! I'm really not sure if we are normal. Wait, what am I saying???? Of course we're not normal! In fact this morning as Scott was leaving the house to go grocery shopping, Sabrina and I were huddled around my laptop looking at something. He saw us and said, "Ok, you two are not to discuss animals, look at animals or go buy anything!" Who says that to their wife??? Haha...
Craigslist is our friend. We have found so many interesting critters on there! For example, did you know that there is such a thing as mini bulls???? Seriously!!! That's the most awesome sounding thing in the world!!! Hahaha, and I love the mini donkeys! They are a hoot!!
Anyway, for several weeks we have been looking for a Great Dane puppy! We have searched breeders from all over the U.S. There are some shady breeders out there and there are others that go way over the top on caring for their dogs! When you are buying something sight unseen, it really makes you want to find just the right dog/breeder. I'm all about personality. I could care less about how great their markings are if they have a terrible personality. When we finally found our "bayou baby", we loved her personality as well as her markings. Her breeders were quite a hoot as well! And the funniest thing is most people from the South had no idea where Idaho was! Some lady in Texas was all, "Where ya'll from?" Idaho, we told her. "Where's that? I ain't never heard a that place! Is that over by Iowa or Illinois?" Oh wow, lady. There are 49 other states out there besides your great state of Texas! You really should get out more! Hahaha...
Anyway, after we finally found our new baby and made all the arrangements for her travel, we only had to wait a day for her to get here!
She was one scared baby when we met her at the airport. She was shaking like a leaf! She came home and met the other dogs and all the kiddos. I think she was a little overwhelmed at the noise at first but she has adjusted amazingly well! She is super sweet and has the best personality ever!!!
We decided on Kenya for her name!!!
Sabrina and Keyna!
We do a lot of sitting on the floor with the puppies! Haha...I LOVE her markings!!! They are soooo cool! Can't wait to see how they look when she grows into them!
Keyna and Sasha sleeping so sweetly. I love that Keyna's paw is draped over Sasha. They are good buddies!


1 comment:
She is a cutie! When I was on my mission in Texas everyone thought I either said Ohio or Iowa. They had no idea what "Idaho" was.
Post a Comment